Thursday, April 1, 2010

Point Defiance Zoo

We decided to go to the local zoo with some friends the other day. Sam was feeling fine and in good spirits. Actually using "going to the zoo" as leverage actually worked to my advantage for the day and night before we went.

Sam requested to see the sharks first so that is where we headed. He was our navigator as he held the map and I pushed the wheelchair. Luckily Jackson was strapped in the double stroller with Tyler, or I would have been trying to chase him around while pushing the wheelchair.

But I digress... the water were so clear and the sharks were circling right next to the glass that it was almost as if they were swimming right at you. Because of this, it took a while for Jackson to even get close to where we were standing. It was cute how nervous and timid he was. Though he still kept his safe distance, at least putting Sam and the wheelchair between anything that might get out of the tank.



Alyssa, Jackson, Tyler and Sam. A must photo-op.

It was supposed to be a nice day and was sunny when we arrived. But in true Washington fashion, we got a little taste of the sun, wind, mist, pouring down rain and every combination of the above. We made it through the whole zoo without getting too soaked, but the only proof I have is this lone photo of Sam and the elephant.

Even though the weather wasn't 100% cooperative we had a blast and hope to go back soon, but maybe when Sam can walk or Brandon can come and help push the kids around.

1 comment:

nicwoo said...

Em! I've tried on four attempts since living here to get good aquarium pictures at that zoo... fantastic!
And Samo's wheels look pretty darn--speedy! lol Such Sweetness.