Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Little Brother and Nesting

Well, I believe nesting has started. Monday I spent most of the day out in the garden, trying to get a handle on all of the weeds in the flower beds. It is hard to tell what I actually did, but there was a lot of weed tugging, which is hard to do with a big belly and Sam. About 5 pm I was ready to go in and Sam was just getting started. "Mom, let's get weedy!"

Tuesday, Sam and I cleaned the house. We dusted, vacuumed, cleaned the bathrooms, washed all the bedding, reorganized my closet, did laundry, mopped, and tried to finish little projects here and there. Hopefully this isn't the end of the nesting, because there is still so much more I want to get done before the baby comes. While it still seems forever away, I feel like there isn't enough time to get everything done.

Sam is getting super excited for the arrival of the baby. Here are some of the recent comments:
"Ok, I am ready for you to come out now."
"Hurry UP!"
"Mom you have a big belly with a baby in it."
I asked Sam to help me up and he replied, " Yeah because you are really big."
"Are you coming out to play with me?"
And my favorite...While looking at my bare belly
Sam: "Look, mom, stripes like a tiger."
Mom: "Thanks Sam. Some of those [stretch marks] are from you."
Sam: "You're welcome."

5 weeks

P.S. Baby is no longer breech. Hopefully he will stay that way.

9 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

LOOK AT YOU!! WOW!! So great! And I can't wait to hear all the post baby comments!! :) I am sure they won't disappoint.

Rachel said...

You're so cute! Sam is really going to love that little brother! I'm glad to hear the baby's not breech anymore. I will keep my fingers crossed that he will stay where he is! Good Luck in your last few weeks!

JT42 said...

you look GREAT! I can't wait to hear more baby info. both before and after his birth, sam is going to be an awesome big brother and helper!!! good luck in the next few weeks, by the way have you decided anything regarding c-section or not?

lynsey said...

hilarious sam! kids sure know how to put things to build up our self-esteems, don't they?? you look beautiful!

Andrea said...

Such a pretty picture. Sam is hilarious...lets get weedy!

The Thompsons said...

Em... You are SOO pretty!!! I am excited that you are getting closer! Its will be here before you know it. Are you feeling okay? Sam is going to be the best big brother! He is the funniest little boy. I love the your welcome to the stretch marks!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!! Love ya!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

you are too gorgeous to be so far along!!! I'm really excited for you!!

Candace said...

I love the tiger comment. You are exotic and awesome. Maybe you can hang out Where the Wild Things Are.

Tyra Baird said...

Super cute little boy. And congrats on the newcomer. This is the bairds, Brigham and Tyra. We noticed Brandon was the illustrator of one of our favorite series (fablehaven obviously). And we were very excited for ya'll. I have to ask in the second book at the end there is a picture of a fairy and I swear she looks like Emily. Is that on purpose. Anyhow, we are glad to see ya'll doing well. Talk later, the bairds
Brigham, Tyra, lliam, nedra and etta