Thursday, May 20, 2010

Northwest Trek

Today was Sam's last preschool field trip to Northwest Trek.

When I woke up to rain, I thought about skipping out. When we were getting ready and it was dumping, I was seriously trying to talk Sam out of going. When we were loading up the car in the drizzle, I was resorting to bribing.

The drive out was dry, but as soon as we got to the park it was raining again.

And it didn't stop until we got on the tram to ride around the park and see the animals.

Imagine that, it started raining after lunch and the rest of the time we were walking around.

Regardless of the horrible weather, we had a wonderful time. Sam was like a kid in a candy store. So excited to see all of the animals. His favorite being the moose and the cougar. The whole time we were at the cougar exhibit Sam was chanting, "BYU Cougars. BYU Cougars." So way to go Grandpa Jan!

I was so proud of Sam for walking the WHOLE time! There was a lot of walking and he did such a great job. The last field trip his class had was a week after his surgery and he was in a wheelchair, so he has made a lot of progress in the last couple of months.

1 comment:

nicwoo said...

He walked lots up here, too! He is really giving those braces a "run for the money!" WooHoo!