Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Samisms

I haven't been writing many Samisms down lately. I'm not sure if it is because there haven't been many or we have been butting heads so much, I am not finding the comments very humorous.

When Sam says a prayer he has gotten stuck in a rut of thanking Heavenly Father for everyone in the room and the food. Brandon and I tried to explain that our prayers are times we can talk with Heavenly Father and thank him for anything and everything and even ask Him to bless us and things we may need or want (because he never blesses the food).

So now when Sam says the prayer he says thanks for everyone in the room and Batman.

Well, it is some improvement.

Also, for those who have asked and are wondering... we haven't heard any new info on Sam's surgery date. A couple months ago it was tentatively scheduled for February 17th, but we haven't gotten our 6 weeks out/ final phone call yet. So we are looking at late February and hopefully not later.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Good luck with that. We are trying to do the same thing. I am sure Heavenly Father enjoys pretty much any prayer from a child.

Oh and I hear you about the butting heads. Luke is starting to be the same way. What fun. :)

nicwoo said...

"butting heads." I'm gonna have to borrow that.
Long live the Samism!

Charlotte said...

My Sam refuses to let anyone else pray, and when he prays he is thankful for the day, that we can go to church, and then he asks that everyone in the room will feel better... sometimes I get two "feel betters." He also refuses to bless the food... probably because he doesn't plan on eating it. That's another issue in and of itself.

You should post more Samisms... I always get a kick out of them.